YOU’RE THE IMP
Get your possession skills ready, because you’re going to need them: In MidBoss, you start life as an imp – the weakest monster in the dungeon. Tired of being bullied by the other monsters, you set off on a quest to reach the deepest levels of the dungeon, defeat the final boss, and take its place. The dungeon may be dark and full of terrors, but luckily your fiery sidekick Mid will be there to keep you company :)
You won’t remain a weak little imp for long. Possess the body of each enemy you kill – and use their powers to continue your quest through the dungeon. Gain experience to level up and increase your imp’s base stats to provide major boosts to the bodies you possess. Master the powers of your possessed forms and equip them to your basic imp body to make it more powerful! Every creature in MidBoss can be possessed -- and with more than 60 unique abilities to learn, there’s no shortage of enemies to kill, bodies to possess, and skills to master.
Die – and a custom “Death Card” will document your run!
Explore a procedurally-generated death labyrinth filled with monsters, traps, potions, treasures, and more. Loot items and gear to further enhance your stats – but do so at your own risk: *Cursed items* are a thing – and if you equip them, you’ll have a bad time ...
In keeping with roguelike tradition, movement and combat are turn-based – requiring strategy and careful planning. Stay alert while making your way through the dungeon: Death is a permanent condition in real life ... and also in MidBoss. Die, and you’ll have to start over from scratch!
Featuring a plethora of customizable modes, MidBoss also offers a variety of accessibility options to address color blindness, enable “queasy safe” mode, adjust screen shake, and more. Imps of all stripes have a shot at greatness in MidBoss.
* Unlock 60+ unique abilities as you defeat enemies and possess their bodies.
* Explore procedurally-generated environments filled with randomized potions and traps – along with unidentified and cursed items.
* Choose Quick Play mode for shorter games – or create your own experience in Custom Game mode.
* When you die (and you will die), share a death card documenting your run; as a bonus, death cards can be used to replay the game with the same seed and settings!
* Customize your gameplay with a variety of helpful accessibility options.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Want to help us keep bringing you indie game news and also make our own games?
Become a Patron!