UK – 27th February 2016 – Award-winning games label Team17 and indie dev Mouldy Toof have issued a warning to all inmates. Having already sold over 1.8 million copies, the indie smash hit of 2015 The Escapists, is heading to iOS and Android on the 2nd March.
The award-winning sandbox prison-escape game features 6 uniquely themed prisons to escape from. Escaping won't be easy though. You'll have to work around the strict prison schedule and avoid the unwanted attention of guards!
You’ll need some cash to put your plan in to action. Get a prison job or perform favour requests for your fellow inmates to earn those vital funds. You can then use them to barter with traders for tools and crafting supplies. Just make sure you find a good hiding place for your stash and pay attention during roll call to avoid cell shakedown, you wouldn’t want to lose that coveted shovel you’ve worked so hard to craft together!
The award-winning sandbox prison-escape game features:
- 6 unique prisons to escape – from the minimal security of Center Perks to the harsh confines of the Stalag Flucht POW camp
- 6 different methods to bust your way out including digging out and prison takeovers!
- 10 prison jobs to earn you some vital escape funds. Choose from Laundry, Janitor, Mail Man, Metal Shop, Kitchen, Wood Work, Tailor, Deliveries, Gardener and Library work
- Crafting system. Gather the necessary items you’ll need to craft items for your escape plan. Craft tools such as Cutters, Shovels, Sheet Ropes and weapons such as the Sock Mace, Comb Blade or Cup of Molten Chocolate!
- Choose from touch screen or virtual d-pad controls!
- Leaderboards and Achievements
The Escapists will be available to download on the 2nd March for iOS via the App Store and for Android via the Google Play Store for just £3.99 / $4.99 / 4,99 €.