Published by BadLand Games and developed by Fictiorama Studios, Dead Synchronicity is an unsettling point-and-click adventure that hits PlayStation 4 (digital and boxed) on Tuesday, October 4th.
The game tells the story of Michael -- a man with no past who must recover his identity and decode the two events that brought the world to the edge of collapse. The first is the so-called “Great Wave” -- an inexplicable chain of natural disasters. The second is a pandemic that has turned humans into “the Dissolved” -- infected beings with special cognitive powers whose sick bodies will eventually dissolve into blood. If Michael doesn’t hurry, he won’t be able to avoid the impending moment of “dead synchronicity” ... when Time itself starts to dissolve.
Featuring a script with dystopian overtones, Dead Synchronicity pays homage to classic adventure games such as The Secret of Monkey Island, Broken Sword, and Day of the Tentacle -- with more mature themes along the lines of I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream and Sanitarium. Solve each puzzle to get closer to the truth -- guiding Michael to a future he may (or may not) be ready to face in this disturbing addition to the adventure genre.
* Revel in stunning 2D graphics that pay homage to German Expressionism.
* Solve puzzles to move the story forward and unravel a horrific sci-fi plot.
* Immerse yourself in a bloodstained world filled with dread.
* Enjoy a point-and-click interface reminiscent from ‘90s classics.
* Explore the world with old school “free-roaming” gameplay.
* Play with English or German voiceovers accompanied by an atmospheric score by indie rock band Kovalski.
Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today is due on PlayStation 4 on October 4th as a boxed and digital release. Xbox One digital release is expected soon but no release date confirmed as yet.
The boxed edition contains:
* Extended manual (developer artbook)
* A3 poster
* Original soundtrack
Want to help CaptainD make #pointandclick adventure games (and other genres maybe), as well as helping him continue to blog about #indiegames in general? Check out his Patreon Campaign.