Set on an isolated island, ISOLAND blends old-school point-and-click gameplay with perfectly-tuned touch controls. Drawing inspiration from Dark City’s “Shell Beach,” the game’s varied environments are made of crooked lines, off-kilter perspectives, and a muted color palette that will dare you to solve every logic puzzle you can find. On your quest for the truth, you’ll also deal with characters who seem stuck in time: a sea captain with a weak memory, a boy pretending to be an astronaut, an easily-bribed priest...
Isoland is set to launch Thursday, Sept. 8th.
Appearing deceptively peaceful to the casual passerby, a mysterious island exists in the far reaches of the Atlantic Ocean. The inhabitants know not how they got there or why they stay; all they’re sure of is that the place in which they are trapped is called Isoland.
You are a researcher who has received a letter from a friend imploring you to help with an investigation. You travel to the island, seeking to unravel its secrets -- but after you arrive, you realize all too late that you, too, are now trapped. Beware of being lulled into complacency by the beauty of the island: Use your wits to avoid being tricked, and unravel the logic behind complex puzzles. Only then will the secrets of Isoland be revealed.
* Return to the glory days of atmospheric point-and-click adventure games.
* Challenge yourself with unique (and often quite difficult) in-game puzzles.
* Enjoy a deep storyline with the gameplay to match.
* Experience the intricate art style and soundscape that frame the mystery of the island.
* Play in your own language: Isoland supports English, Dutch, Chinese (Simple), Chinese (Traditional), French, Spanish, Japanese, and the occasional alien dialect :)
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Isoland will be available on iOS September 8th for for $0.99. Tips are free after watching a short ad; solutions are the only type of in-app purchase, and priced at $0.99 each.
Want to help CaptainD make #pointandclick adventure games (and other genres maybe), as well as helping him continue to blog about #indiegames in general? Check out his Patreon Campaign.