London, England – January 28, 2016, Today sees the release of Brainchild's Victorian adventure game The Slaughter: Act One for PC on Steam, Humble Store and through direct download at http://www.brainchildstudios.
A serial killer is terrorizing the streets of Victorian London, and private investigator Sydney Emerson has hit a new low between finding lost dogs and receiving alleyway beatings. A turn of events sees Sydney forgoing his selfish nature and thrusting himself into perilous and increasingly surreal situations, treading a fine line between dreams and reality.
The Slaughter recreates Victorian London in all its decadence and depravity through an array of atmospheric locations and a cast of eccentrically British characters. The mystery intensifies in Sydney’s dreams, where logic is turned on its head and subconscious clues are woven into abstract Lynchian dreamscapes. At its heart, this unconventional adventure is the story of a man; disillusioned with life and the choices he’s made, trying to get through one day at a time.
Features of The Slaughter: Act One Include:
• A noir adventure laced with adult themes and dark humour.
• A faithful recreation of Victorian London, from decadence to depravity.
• Classic point and click gameplay in the vein of the LucasArts games of yore.
• Surreal dream-worlds holding subconscious clues.
• Follow the trail of a killer, or drink until you vomit at the pub.
• Original soundtrack blends film noir and traditional Victorian instruments.
• Episodic release in three acts.
From the smallest detail in a grotty pub basement, to the sound of horse hooves, Alexander Francois creates all aspects of his games alone under the name of Brainchild. When not working on The Slaughter, Alex makes smaller games like gravity-based adventure Orbit HD, and Ink Blotter, the first app to randomly generate Rorschach tests. Alex is interested in perverting the expectations of what a video game should be, aiming to give his games narrative worthy of a novel, but without compromising on enjoyable gameplay.
The Slaughter: Act One on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/
The Slaughter: Act One on Humble Store: https://www.humblebundle.com/