You led the revolution that freed the People's Republic of Basenji from the shackles of the imperialists. Now, decades later, your regime faces its most difficult crisis -- your own brother.
In Rogue State, you are the Glorious Leader who must hold onto power by maintaining the delicate balance between the interests of fundamentalists, capitalists, patriots and liberals while your brother, Farouk, consolidates power and influence with intentions to overthrow you. How will you manage affairs with your neighbouring countries while ensuring you don't attract too much negative attention from the Americans? Will you be a generous donor to the United Nations or an international pariah building nuclear weapons in secret? The choice will be yours in this new game from Little Red Dog Games, arriving in 2015.
Rogue State is an economy-management strategy game made using Adventure Game Studio, beautifully rendered in stunning 1280x800p. It features backgrounds that were drawn by the incredibly talented UnLady and polished by Derek Restivo.
- A world of possibilities! Over thirty possible state purchases, six clandestine projects, eight potential neighbours and hundreds of randomly generated events. No two games will ever be the same, and the approaches you take in one game may not neccessarily be successful in another.
- Manage complex relationships that are more nuanced than war and peace. Forging unlikely alliances may just keep Basenji from the kinds of wars your leadership can't survive. Other leaders have distinct personalities that may inform your tactics.
- Choose cabinet leaders to help manage your country. Maintain their favour by accomplishing relevant objectives.
- Be the dictator you need to be. Tackle problems with the level of freedom or oppression you desire.
- Lots of persistent unlockables, achievements, high scores and secrets.
Rogue State on Steam (25% off as launch offer)
For PC only
I'd like to offer a personal congratulations to the people making this as I have got to know them a bit via the AGS forums / Twitter. This has been a real labour of love and looks terrific! Was originally planned as an adventure game but, looking at how it's developed and what it's become, I think the decision to turn it into a political simulation with procedural generation was both bold and inspired.