With only a few days until release, Auriea Harvey & Michaël Samyn are happy to share their new launch trailer for Sunset, crafted by video creator Kert Gartner.
This past weekend, the trailer premiered at Kill Screen's Two5six games and culture festival in Brooklyn. Today we're happy to share the trailer with everyone, along with the final batch of screenshots before the game releases this Thursday, May 21st. Trailer creator Kert Gartner is known for his work on indie game trailers, such as Spelunky and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number.
"We secretly call the trailer 'Sunset, the movie,'" explains Michaël Samyn, "Kert Gartner has captured the spirit of our story and the essence of Angela's situation very well. Whenever I get anxious about how our game will be received when it is launched on Thursday, I look at the trailer and feel confident again: that's a game I really want to play!"
This also means that there are only a few days left to pre-order Sunset for $14.99 (€12.99/£9.99) through Humble. The pre-order includes a DRM-free copy of the game for all three platforms and a Steam key. The game's full retail price will be $19.99 (€17.99/£14.99), though during its first week on Steam, Sunset will see a 10% discount ($17.99/£13.49/€16.20).
In Sunset, the player is cast as Angela Burnes, a housekeeper working in a fictional South American city. Taking place in a single apartment, through weekly visits over the course of year in the early 1970s, the game simply asks you to go about your duties for your employer, the wealthy Gabriel Ortega. But it also lets you feed your curiosity by exploring Ortega's home and, ultimately, discovering his role, and your own, in the revolution that takes hold of the country.
- A first-person narrative-focused game that allows players to experience a story of war and revolution from a civilian's perspective
- Like all civilians amidst war, players do not directly influence the outcome of the story, instead, their actions affect how they experience what unfolds and how their relationship evolves with Señor Ortega
- No fail state - this isn't a game you can win or lose, only influence
- Anywhere from 180 minutes to 22 hours of gameplay, depending on your approach
- Soundtrack by the award-winning Austin Wintory (Journey, The Banner Saga, Monaco)
- Achieved a whopping 270% of its funding goal on Kickstarter!
About Tale of Tales
Whilst Auriea Harvey and Michaël Samyn were trained as artists, they've spent the last 10 years creating impactful and amazing games, which have been lauded for their innovation.
Luxuria Superbia, a game that emphasises experience and interaction through touch, was an Independent Games Festival Winner. The Path, short horror game inspired by the old tales of Little Red Ridinghood, won a European Innovative Game Award for its game design. Other games that demonstrate their unique approach include, Bientôt l'été, The Graveyard, Fatale, Vanitas and The Endless Forest.
Together, along with their team of collaborators, Tale of Tales aim to create elegant, emotionally rich games that are accessible to all - from core gamers to those on the periphery of interactive entertainment.