London, United Kingdom - May 26th, 2015 - Chariot Wars, a story-driven arcade racing game set in Ancient Rome, is now available on Steam for Windows.
Chariot Wars has players racing against the greatest charioteers from across the Roman Empire. Evoking the glory days of chariot racing, the game features a story-led single player Tournament and 8 player multiplayer modes.
In 128AD, Emperor Hadrian announces a chariot race spanning the entire empire from Rome to Helvetia. The night before the first race, one of the charioteers from Judea is found murdered in his quarters. An unknown woman's body is also found on the floor.
The head of the emperor's Praetorian guard, Quintus Octavian, suspects Rome's constantly feuding noble families of masterminding the murders. Emperor Hadrian asks Quintus Octavian to take the position of the murdered Judean charioteer and represent Judea in the upcoming chariot race. As Quintus continues his investigation, he is drawn inexorably into the murky world of Roman politics.
- Single player arcade racing including Championship and Time Trial modes
- Exciting story told via a digital graphic novel
- Levels set in Ancient Greece, Egypt, Helvetia and Gaul during day and night levels
- Eight different chariot models
- Male and female charioteer avatars
- Multiple horse types to unlock and upgrade
- Real-time 8 player multiplayer
- Lobby, achievements and global leaderboard