The digital gamebook adaptation DestinyQuest Infinite: Act 1 sees a Kickstarter-style soft launch on Tuesday, November 11, 2014.
NEW YORK -- November 11, 2014 -- DestinyQuest Infinite: Act 1 is available for purchase NOW! The QuestForge team is running a soft launch of the game to give the community a chance to take part in shaping the final stages of the digital gamebook.
What’s a gamebook? It’s an RPG/novel hybrid that features Choose Your Own Adventure style branching storylines, monster battles, a customizable hero, hundreds of skills and abilities, and over 600 pages of adventures.
DestinyQuest Infinite: Act 1 is available for $5.99 or £3.99, and you can pre-purchase the entire 3-act book for $14.99 / £9.99.
DestinyQuest Infinite: Act 1 is launching with special access to the Inner Circle program, a Kickstarter-like tiered reward system. The Inner Circle tiers will be available until Friday, December 5, 2014 and are as follows:
- The inner circle ($25 / £15)
- Includes: The full game, as well as a digital poster and digital ebook detailing the production and art of DestinyQuest Infinite.
- The legion ($35 / £22)
- Includes: Everything in the inner circle, as well as a 11"x13" poster of an artwork from DestinyQuest Infinite. (Limited quantity)
- The shadowborn ($65 / £40)
- Includes: Everything in the legion, as well as a DestinyQuest Infinite production book: a full color book filled with sketches and images from the making of DQI. (Limited quantity)
- The shadow ($250 / £160)
- Includes: Everything in the shadowborn, and your own writing included in the game! We'll help you make your own quest, and include it in the game. (Limited quantity)
- The nevarin ($1000 / £625)
- Includes: Everything in the shadowborn, and a trip to meet the QuestForge team in New York City! Get food and tour the city with us. (US domestic flights only, sorry!) (Limited quantity)
Lead developer Chris Liu could only be available to comment that he is “Not writing any more press quotes, I have a game to launch”
In his place, head of Marketing and Other Odds and Ends Yuliya Geikhman says: “Our baby is finally taking its first steps! Well, it’s really Chris’s baby. I just send a lot of emails telling everyone about it.”
For more information, visit the game website at http://destinyquestinfinite.
Like IndieGameNews.com? Please +1 us!