The wonderfully named Fuzzy Wuzzy Games have developed an exclusive Nintendo Wii U release called Armillo.
It's a platformer that combines 2D and 3D gameplay with some puzzling elements through various stages that you visit as you travel through the different planets. It offers classic gameplay similar to Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario Galaxy, and Mega Man.
Armillo is a unique, fun rolling platforming game with a sci-fi parallel universe theme. It features a massive amount of gameplay elements. There is the regular 3D worlds followed by a bonus stages on the moon. Then, there is the evil parallel universe and secret 2D speed-run inspired levels.
The star of the game features a space armadillo named Armillo. He’s not a typical armadillo as he’s capable of blasting off to space in order to travel from planet to planet. He’s joined by his little blue critter friends and his brother. His world is invaded by a group of enemies called the Darkbots.
· Roll, jump, and boost through multiple spherical worlds.
· 2D worlds, inspired by speed runs, are hidden throughout the 3D worlds.
· Play a world where all four seasons exist! Or a retro-inspired world!
· Enter the Parallel Universe on each world and escape before time runs out!
· Exciting power-ups littered throughout the worlds!
· Battle bosses in their very own worlds. Chase, then destroy them through their multiple stages of attack!
· Lots of fun puzzle elements, including puzzles that are to be solved between the two parallel universes.
· Collect orbs and use them in the in-game shop to boost Armillo’s powers
· Supports off-TV play
See more at the Official Website, and check out the trailer below:
Like IndieGameNews.com? Please +1 us!