Nyu Media is delighted to announce that the doujin JRPG The Sacred Tears TRUE made its English language debut on 25th September 2014 on Steam for PC (Windows), priced only $9.99.
THE CITY ADVENTURE IS HERE!
The Sacred Tears TRUE is a doujin RPG that blends the best of the JRPG genre with innovative and fun game elements, plus high quality art and music in one honest-to-goodness gem of a game.
(If like me you had no idea what a "doujin" RPG is, it seems to refer to something that's been self-published.)
Seil and his childhood friend Seana are neophyte thieves in the Thieves Guild of Genoseed City. By day they work at their private investigation agency, “Millionaire”; by night they undertake missions across the city on behalf of the Thieves Guild. Sacred Tears TRUE is the story of these young thieves and their pursuit of dreams and adventure.
Sacred Tears TRUE brings both traditional JRPG elements and fresh and unique features such as a deceptively simple but deep card battle system, redistributable skill points, graphics by Takashi KONNO (Shichinin no Bukiya), and music by Hiroyuki Ojima (Accel World, When They Cry anime) and Shimotsuki Haruka (Atelier Iris, Ace Attorney Orchestral Performance)
Each of the 48 chapters in Sacred Tears TRUE comprises of a single mission or case. Each chapter is a standalone episode, but as the game progresses, the world and characters are further explored and the main dramatic story arc plays out.
- Quite simply one of the best ever doujin RPG and a must-have for any JRPG fan!
- Fresh and engaging characters, stories, and drama – from comedy to romance to political intrigue.
- Traditional and new JRPG features, including a unique card battle system, redistributable skill points, and multiway system!
- Outstanding replay value: 24 main story chapters and 24 side chapters!
- Chapter (5–30 mins each) format for easy play!
- A treasure trove of beautiful, high quality character art by Takashi KONNO!
- An exceptional original soundtrack by Ojima Hiroyuki & Shimotsuki Haruka!
About Nyu Media, Ltd.
Nyu Media, Ltd. is the world's leading localizer and publisher of independent Japanese video games. By combining high quality localizations, broad distribution and accessible price points, Nyu Media enables global gamers to fully enjoy excellent indie titles as well as support the indie game development in Japan.
Like IndieGameNews.com? Please +1 us!