BETRAY YOUR FRIENDS IN THE NEW MULTIPLAYER MODE IN LORDS OF THE BLACK SUN STEAM BETA 2.0
Forge New Alliances, Crush Them in Combat, or Both, in the New Beta Update
Haarlem, the Netherlands – July 9, 2014 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive announced today that its upcoming 4X space strategy gameLords of the Black Sun (PC), currently in Beta on Steam’s Early Access Program, has received a major new update, featuring the highly-awaited addition of multiplayer. Players are now able to forge in-game alliances with their best pals, or squash them with a galactic onslaught, in this original turn-based strategy game.
Important Update Notes:
- Multiplayer! -- First playable version of the Multiplayer has arrived. Anything players can report on that side would be greatly appreciated. It is currently LAN and Internet/IP only, but it is planned on implementing Steam Lobbies to make matchmaking easier.
- Bigger Windows -- Intelligence screen enlarged. The window is significantly larger, showing more information and bigger and less cluttered text.
- New Tech -- New Technologies and ship parts have been introduced, as well as a re-balanced military tech tree.
- Better Combat -- Improved combat mode and several bugs fixed that were introduced in the last build.
- Better UI -- UI changes/improvements: Now selecting a planet will indicate how much you can profit from trading with it, as well as how much others can profit from trading with your planets.
- Fixes -- Tentatively fixed several crashes related to beta 1.1.
- Balancing -- Some general bug fixing and overall balancing and polishing in several areas of the game.
For a full list of changes please visit the official Steam community hub - steamcommunity.com/app/246940
"We at Arkavi are pleased to announce the release of a brand new Beta build highlighted by the multiplayer mode,” said Mike Domingues from Arkavi Studios. “As always, we've been listening to the community's feedback and we made significant progress since the first Beta. We will continue to work hard to make the great space 4X game we and the community have been waiting for."
In Lords of the Black Sun gamers take command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in the galaxy. As the leader of an empire players are tasked with exploring the stars, colonizing new worlds, managing their empire and conquering whoever dares to oppose them. Within a framework of turn-based strategy and turn-based combat, Lords of the Black Sun endeavors to differentiate itself by giving players the chance to beat their opponents by using Generals, diplomacy, intelligence, trading, or plotting the downfall of enemies by financing wars against them or aiming to cause anarchy.
Get the Early Access Beta of Lords of the Black Sun right here on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/246940/
ABOUT ARKAVI STUDIOS
Arkavi Studios is an independent game development company, founded in 2013 in Leiria, Portugal. We are really passionate about what we do, putting our heart and soul into every game we make, and making the games we would like to play.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
ceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Iceberg has fully embraced the digital revolution of the last few years and maintains strong worldwide relations with every thinkable digital portal, while also keeping its firm roots in the European retail markets. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. Garnering attention with acclaimed releases over the past years in the genres of strategy, action, simulation and adventure, the company has an exciting 2014 line-up, including Endless Legend, StarDrive 2, Starpoint Gemini 2, Lords of the Black Sun, Vector Thrust and Starship Corporation – with more promising games in the pipeline.
Like IndieGameNews.com? Please +1 us!