30 July 2014 - Moscow, Russia - AuraLab would today like to share an insight into the creative process of Karma. Incarntion 1 and how its concept changed over time into the game it is today.
'The team and I talked for a while and it quickly became apparent that we're like-minded and we then decided that we needed to rework the game,' said Andrey Sharapov, lead producer at Auralab 'We then changed the interface somewhat – hid the Karma-meter and tinkered with the interaction menu, making it lighter so that it wouldn’t obscure the object itself. The inventory and interactions part were also reworked and we figured that we don’t need some of the previously planned features in this release - like the aging mechanics and levels where Pip could temporary grow legs and walk on walls.'
As a result of these changes, what we got was a design that was possible to implement in reasonable time frame without losing any of the crucial aspects of key gameplay.
The AuraLab team have collaborated with Coub, a video creation and sharing iOS application and site, to create a selection of charming and witty short scenes that showcase the world of Karma Incarnation 1 and its inhabitants.
Karma tells the story of a newly incarnated worm, named Pip, who is on a mission of exploration and self discovery.
About the game:
- No text dialogue whatsoever!
- Alternative ways of progressing through quests: by being good or evil, the player opens additional storylines as they progress!
- The main character changes his appearance depending on the path he's chosen and key characters react on his looks differently. This too opens alternative story lines that make playing through game again and again fun in different ways
- This opens alternative storylines, thus making playing through the game again and again fun in many ways
- Astral vision - Pip, the main character, can see through his inner eye - it's a special ability which allows him to perceive the spirit world at any moment of the game.
- Within this astral plane he'll find additional creatures and actually hints on how to sucessfully complete the quests
- Unique & original sound track by Zmeiraduga band.
Like IndieGameNews.com? Please +1 us!