24 June 2014 - Moscow, Russia - AuraLab today is thrilled to announce the launch of their IndieGoGo campaign for the surreal and psychedelic game - Karma. Incarnation 1.
Karma. Incarnation 1 is a classical point-and-click adventure jam-packed with original humour and brain-bending puzzles. The game tells the story of a creature named Pip who is incarnated in the form of a cute-yet-brutal worm, living in a truly surrealistic world.
Being naive and not knowing much about this reality, Pip is willing to talk to flowers and stones just as much as he is ready to swallow whole another representative of local fauna.
Get ready for a psychedelic tale of good and evil driven by the laws of Karma.
'We have finished pre-production of Karma and have completed a huge percentage of development already, we've a lot of final conceptual art done and working prototype but we still have an incredible amount of work to do - animations, programming and testing,' said Andrey Sharapov - CEO of AuraLab, 'Being a small indie studio we would like to stay independent and as such we're not funded by a publisher or investor, so we're looking to crowdfunding to help support the development!'
AuraLab strongly believe in the principles of karma and would like to help make the world a better place. With this belief, the team is confident that good deeds make the world respond in kind..
The team decided that part of the revenue from sales of the game will be donated to the wildlife rescue fund WWF, to help save endangered species and fund research.
About the game:
- No text dialogue whatsoever!
- Alternative ways of progressing through quests: by being good or evil, the player opens additional storylines as they progress!
- The main character changes his appearance depending on the path he's chosen and key characters react on his looks differently. This too opens alternative story lines that make playing through game again and again fun in different ways
- This opens alternative storylines, thus making playing through the game again and again fun in many ways
- Astral vision - Pip, the main character, can see through his inner eye - it's a special ability which allows him to perceive the spirit world at any moment of the game.
- Within this astral plane he'll find additional creatures and actually hints on how to sucessfully complete the quests
- Unique & original sound track by Zmeiraduga band.
AuraLab is a small indie team of industry professionals in game development, producing, game design, animation and visual arts.
Each member of the team (except the musicians) have previous experience at major game-development studios. We have formed AuraLab to create and release Karma - a true indie adventure which we have all dreamed of creating.
Developers Interview (IGG video) - http://youtu.be/hGw4sGVju4U
Cartoon (Karma 1 series) - video with developers commentary (IGG video) - http://youtu.be/hGw4sGVju4U
Cartoon (Karma 1 series) - http://youtu.be/_lJSPCGTSbE
Like IndieGameNews.com? Please +1 us!