MONTPELIER, France - May 22, 2014 - Independent developer The Game Bakers have just pulled their latest delicacy from the oven, and SQUIDS are on the menu! Gamers hungry for a tactical RPG with an epic adventure storyline, crisp cartoon graphics, and strategic, turn-based gameplay can now download SQUIDS Odyssey in the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U™ system. The game will also release for the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system in the near future.
In SQUIDS Odyssey, a murky black ooze is seeping into the water, turning crustaceans into cranky monsters. With their peaceful realm under siege, a scrappy shoal of Squid heroes has no other choice but to fight back. During turn-based battles against their oily enemies, these unlikely heroes' squishy bodies serve as their best weapons: simply stretch a Squid's tentacles, aim, then let go to shoot it across the battlefield. Four hero classes, stat-boosting helmets, and power-ups add a strategic element to the role-playing gameplay.
To control the Squids, players can use the Left Stick to aim and shoot, or go "hands on" to stretch the Squids' tentacles on the Wii U™ GamePad touch screen. The game can be enjoyed in high definition on the TV, or in Off-TV-Mode played exclusively on the GamePad.
SQUIDS Odyssey Features:
- Build your party from 15 different Squids in four classes -- shooters, scouts, troopers, and healers
- Win turn-based battles with strategy and skill, using the environment and your party's strengths to your advantage
- Lose yourself in an epic story across four exotic underwater kingdoms
- Engage in 90+ missions for more than 15 hours of gameplay in the main storyline, plus an expert Pro Mode that doubles the game length and provides extra challenge
- Boost your heroes abilities with 65+ fun and funky-looking helmets
The Game Bakers' SQUIDS games have had more than two million downloads since their 2011 debut on mobile. As the franchise's first appearance on consoles, SQUIDS Odyssey is the ultimate SQUIDS compilation that includes all content previously released, with tons of improvement and tweaks. Content exclusive to SQUIDS Odysseyincludes a new chapter that continues the adventure in the never-before-seen kingdom of Wakame, a new Squid warrior named Oktoku, and four new helmets.
SQUIDS Odyssey can be downloaded for 12.99€ / $14.99 (or equivalent in local currency) from the Nintendo eShop. For more game details, visit:
Like IndieGameNews.com? Please +1 us!