The Last Federation launches today for Windows PC, Mac OS X and Linux platforms.
From the creators of AI War: Fleet Command comes an all-new grand strategy title with turn-based tactical combat, set in a deep simulation of an entire solar system and its billions of inhabitants. You are the last of a murdered race, determined to unify or destroy the 8 others. But you must work from the shadows, using superior technology.
TLF will become available at various times today on Steam, Humble Store, GOG, GamersGate, Green Man Gaming, as well as direct from ArcenGames.com. Carrying a $19.99 standard tag, the game will be offered at 25% off for the first week -- bringing the price down to just $14.99 until April 25th.
- Turn-based tactical combat, with up to 5 factions competing at once.
- Extremely deep simulation of an entire solar system and its billions of inhabitants. Even just watching everything unfold in Observer mode is entertaining, as nations rise and fall.
- New-player-friendly ramp-up of complexity as you play, which you can disable if you're already a veteran.
- Eight races each have very distinct personalities and attributes. Each one even has its own completely unique political system.
- Difficulty levels split between the grand strategy and turn-based combat portions of the game, both ranging from quite casual to incredibly hardcore.
- Save and reload your game with ease any time, or tough it out in ironman mode.
- Composer Pablo Vega's best soundtrack to date, featuring 54 minutes of music and the vocal finale "Lay Down Your Arms."
Like IndieGameNews.com? Please +1 us!