Ottawa, ON – Snowed In Studios is pleased to announce that WindForge launches today on Steam, Desura, GOG, the Humble Store, and our own windforgegame.com.
A launch week sale of 10% off the $14.99 regular price will take effect on all channels.
WindForge is a 2D Action RPG where you explore hostile skies in an ever-changing Steampunk world. Everything you see can be created or destroyed, making it a game without barriers that rewards creative problem solving and improvisation.
• Epic story line and quests that drive gameplay without constricting freedom
• The first game to include minable sky whales, and meat blocks
• Large completely destructible procedural world with multiple environments
• Contra-style action mixed with the creative fun of Terraria
• Build and fly fully-functional airships
• Over 1200 craftable items and counting
• Easy-to-control, skill-based combat with 360-degree aiming
In development since 2012, this project has been funded by the studio itself, coupled with financial support from the Ontario Media Development Corporation’s Digital Media Fund and a successful Kickstarter campaign.
WIndForge received the green light from the Steam Community on January 7, 2014.
To buy direct from the developer: http://windforgegame.snowedin.
Founded in 2010 by four video game industry veterans, Snowed In Studios is a 15-person independent, privately-owned video game developer based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The Snowed in team have collectively worked on some of the world's biggest franchises in gaming such as FIFA, Need For Speed, The Sims, Far Cry and Deus Ex for some of the world's biggest companies like Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft and Eidos. For the first time on PC, they are bringing this top-tier experience to the table to launch their own original title, WindForge.
Shiny Loot - DRM-free indie games for PC, Mac and Linux
Like www.IndieGameNews.com? Please +1 us!