London, UK. (Thursday, March 6th) Nyu Media is pleased to announce that the highly anticipated side-scrolling mech shooter GIGANTIC ARMY makes its Steam debut today with a slew of new features and bonus items priced, only $5.99.
The Steam version adds 42 achievements, Steam trading cards, a Linux version, and a printable retro-style DVD case insert and CD/DVD label file, allowing gamers to extend GIGANTIC ARMY’s glorious retro goodness into physical reality.
GIGANTIC ARMY brings the side-scrolling mech shooting of 16-bit era classics like Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken, Mech Warrior, and Front Mission: Gun Hazard into 2014 with gloriously crafted backdrops, fluidly realized sprites, massive enemy bosses, and solid, weighty gameplay.
It is the turn of the 21st century and Earth’s war with the alien Ramulons has now reached its most critical point. Your mission: pilot the mech powerhouse ‘GMR-34 SALADIN’ and use its arsenal of explosive, projectile and plasma weapons to take down the Ramulon home planet and end the war!
- 6 stages of intense mech-shooting action!
- 12 mid and end level bosses of gargantuan proportions to take down!
- 4 difficulty modes from ‘Easy’ to ‘Insane’ to cater for all skill levels!
- Customizable weapons load-out to suit your play style!
- Dash, thrusters and shield give your mech satisfying maneuverability and defensive options!
- Rebalanced gameplay from the original Japanese version!
- New to the Steam version: 42 achievements, Steam Trading Cards, and a Linux version!
- The Steam version also includes bonus exclusive retro packaging assets to create your own physical version!
- Outstanding value: only $5.99!
For more details and to download the playable demo, visit GIGANTIC ARMY on the Steam store right here:
Like IndieGameNews.com? Please +1 us!