ICEBERG INTERACTIVE TAKES TO THE SKIES WITH COMBAT FLIGHT GAME VECTOR THRUST, COMING TO STEAM SPRING 2014
New Indie Developer Debuts Cel-Shaded, Combat-Driven Flight Game Featuring 200+ Pilotable Aircraft
Haarlem, The Netherlands – February 24, 2014 – Video game publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer TimeSymmetry officially announced today their arcade flight game with simulation elements Vector Thrust is coming to PC this spring on Steam. Vector Thrust is a fast-paced, cel-shaded, combat flying game that offers an extensive variety of game modes to choose from, with quick, action-oriented instant play, and the option to experience a deep, story-based campaign.
“Fans of classic arcade and combat flight games are sure to fall in love with Vector Thrust,” says Iceberg Interactive CEO, Erik Schreuder. “TimeSymmetry is the perfect example of a small, one-man team following its own passionate vision. And it has done an excellent job creating an all new flight combat experience, delivering the added ability for users to create their own content -- and more.”
Vector Thrust delivers a huge array of aircraft from which choose, as well as tactical, intelligent AI to combat, where every unit works to complete its mission in a dynamic, ever-changing battlefield that is never played the same way twice.
Vector Thrust Key Gameplay Features:
- Perfect balance between realistic models and cel-shaded graphics. Each aircraft is faithfully re-created with a highly tactical and deep flight behavior while simultaneously remaining playable for even the most inexperienced players.
- Players can experience the immersive story-based Campaign in a unique world context or jump right into the action in the Quick Action mode.
- Fly an extensive collection of more than 200 aircraft, ranging from real-world models to unusual and rare prototypes, all of them re-created with precision and emphasizing their unique characteristics.
- Players can test their abilities with every aircraft in Challenge mode, or battle for the high score in Arcade mode.
- Quickly customize their own battles with Skirmish mode, or create their dream operation to the finest detail with the mission editor.
- Gamers will confront other players online with a competitive Multiplayer mode which includes a wide variety of game modes to prove who is King of the Skies.
- Expand the original game with user mode custom content and customize and change the flavor of the game with an extensive variety of mutations.
TimeSymmetry is an independent game development studio based in Braga, Portugal. The company was founded in 2011 by Cláudio Rodrigues. Currently he is a one-man team and focuses on a small quantity of high-quality PC games.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal – with more promising games in the pipeline.