Iceberg's The Good Life edges closer to Steam Green Light with new features
Haarlem, The Netherlands – February 20, 2014 –Video game publisher Iceberg Interactive invites players to leave the short, dark winter days behind and live The Good Life, the sandbox sailing/time management sim for PC and Mac, currently up-and-coming on Steam’s Greenlight program.
For gamers who want to live the life they have always dreamed of, vote for The Good Life today on Steam Greenlight, and feel free to make suggestions and join the discussion!
Developed by indie Greek studio immersionFX, The Good Life is an intriguing sandbox game combining a number of gameplay styles: part life-sim, part time-management, part tycoon, but ultimately a free-roaming sandbox game filled with unique gameplay elements. Although released at retail, the developer is continually evolving the title behind closed doors for its anticipated Steam debut, once Greenlit.
New additions include:
- Faster rides among the 52 available ports that speed up the action.
- New Fishing gameplay: 15 different fish to catch for extra money.
- Player's stats and progress charts are now available: additions include percentage of game completed, percentage of area coverered, days on-board, items photographed, people rescued, earnings from houses and boats, and others.
- Multiple saves, up to 10 available slots.
- New speedboat type: the fastest boat to-date, Aventor.
- Improved underwater visual experience.
- More action in pirate attacks: speedboat cannons are now firing and players can see their trajectories.
- Improved characters: better graphics and more lifelike animations.
- New sealife, colorful fishes anf fiery sharks.
“The Good Life defies categorization, which is what makes it such an intriguing and unique title,” says Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder. “As the title suggests, it’s a really laid back, mellow game that will leave you pining for more sunshine and tropical surroundings in your life. We think you will be pleasantly surprised!”