Game Audio Specialists IndieSFX (www.indiesfx.co.uk) have announced their 2010 sale, the first IndieSFX sale since November 2009.
During July all sound effect bundles will feature a 50% discount instead of the usual 25%. The full sound effect library, which includes all future sets, is set at £199 ($399 US).
The offer ends on July the 31st.
All sounds are available from www.indiesfx.co.uk by instant download in easy to access zip files. Visit the site for audio previews and bundle contents.
Match-3 Sound Effects
Space Shooter Sound Effects
Dungeon Sound Effects
Military Strategy Sound Effects
First Person Shooter Sound Effects
Essential Sound Effects
The Full IndieSFX Library
... stop waiting for it.
Sorry if that's got you all excited - all that's happened is that the name's been changed to Gemini Rue. Hopefully it won't take too long to come out!
I posted the trailer previously if you're interested...
Watch the video, check out the screenshots and get more info about AstroDriller3020
(Release date TBC)
Today through July 4th, there's an incredible discount on AI War: Fleet Command and AI War: The Zenith Remnant via the Steam "Perils of Summer" sale! We're experimenting a bit by trying out a discount rate of 66%, which is unusually large for us. We recently did something similar with Direct2Drive, and now we're trying it with Steam, but this deal definitely won't last, so make sure and tell your friends and family if you think they might be interested (or if you haven't yet taken the plunge, you might want to get to evaluating the demo while this deal lasts).
So what's going on with AI War, anyway? AI War is still very much a living and growing game, with a big version 4.0 + Mac OSX support upcoming in a few months, and our upcoming for-charity micro-expansion, AI War: Children of Neinzul. Those are both currently scheduled for release in August, but in the meantime we've also got a current beta version chock full of updates that will become the next official free DLC release within a few weeks (around the same time that preorders for AI War:CoN begin).
So, while it's safe to bet there will probably be other sales in the future, after this summer they probably won't go this deep again until 2011 at the earliest. Just fair warning!
DX Studio v4 to include cross platform support
Software developers Worldweaver Ltd, based in Pinewood Studios (UK), announce upcoming features of DX Studio v4, due for release later this summer.
Key to version 4.0 will be a new player for Android devices (such as the Google Nexus One or the Motorola Droid), and a lightweight cross platform Java+OpenGL player.
Other important v4 features include instant edit and preview, editor based performance monitoring, additional water and terrain tools, and a significant performance upgrade to the rendering engine.
“We are very excited about offering cross platform support to our existing users. The ability to publish DX Studio built games on a wider range of devices has been an increasingly popular request.” said CEO and founder Chris Sterling. “We also hope the move will attract a significant number of new users to our engine, offering a cost effective way to build apps and games for the latest mobile phones.”
The price of DX Studio v4 will remain unchanged, with no upgrade fees for existing users and no additional license fees for publishing on the new platforms.
Full details of all the new features planned for the version 4.0 release can be found at www.dxstudio.com.
Yesterday Codeminion Team released their latest adventure / hidden object game - Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal, following a two month beta test period.
Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal's most prominent features include:
- Clever blend of classic adventure and hidden object game mechanics
- Over 6 hours of gameplay (longer than typical casual game)
- 10 different lands to visit with multiple locations and NPC characters
- Engaging, epic and humorous story
- All character dialogues with full professional voice over
- Beautiful hand drawn graphics
- 3 arcane mini-games to master
Download 1 hour free trial of the game (150 MB):
* Real-time arcade-style gamepad-optimized gameplay.
* Orientation rotation, strafing, circle strafing, hand-to-hand and missile combat as basic movements.
* Detailed building construction using acquired natural resources (no pre-fab buildings; complete player control). Players may collaborate to clear fields and forests or flatten mountain tops to build small villages, castles or grand walled cities.
* Create group organizations, vote, write legal documents, post public signs and assign duties. Players may create tightly or loosely regulated societies, writing and enforcing whatever laws they choose.
* Ability to knock opponents unconscious, bind them and move them, allowing for more subtle justice than simply killing an offender.
* Fully-customizable offline player AI, whether choosing a basic AI template or plotting a detailed weekly schedule with movement paths and other-player interactions.
* Hunting, mining, skilled trades, buying, selling, trading, contracts.
* Harvesting, using and combining natural resources with themselves or other objects to create new objects including food, medicine, poison, tools, weapons, building materials and works of art.
* Confining, breeding and slaughtering livestock.
* Planting seeds, watering, and adding compost to the soil to nurture crops to fruition.
* Landscape excavation for construction, farming or defense.
Genre: Multiplayer Online Game
Platform: Linux, Windows and MacOS via virtualization (VirtualBox) and LiveCD (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS)
Release Date: 2011
Price: Client and server are free under GPL version 2, player subscriptions start at $5 per month
Minimum System Specifications:
Internet or LAN connection, 3 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, sound card, game pad
About Eight Virtues:
Eight Virtues is privately owned and operated by husband and wife team Kevin and Maria Fishburne. Headquartered in Stone Mountain, a suburb of Atlanta Georgia, our services extend to the homes, businesses, and government agencies of the continental United States. Kevin Fishburne has been developing games as a hobby since the age of 13, taking his influences from such legendary games as Ultima (IV, V, VI, VII), Might & Magic (I, II), Gauntlet, and NES and arcade action titles.
Kevin Fishburne (Lead Developer)
Puzzle Dimension is a puzzle game where the player exercises the spatial thinking. The player is invited to 100 unique labyrinth-like structures which become more and more challenging. In Puzzle Dimension gravity is depending on your movements, up and down are relative terms. Classic game play elements such as fire, ice, spikes, buttons and hidden sections give the player a diverse range of problems and satisfying eureka moments.
The abstract game world is visualized by the in-house engine which allows the audiovisuals to blend depending on the player's progress. The audiovisuals blend between 8-bit chip-tunes and pixel-like visuals to crystal clear music and high end graphics.
Puzzle Dimension will also be released for Mac on August 25th. Versions are in development for consoles and the mobile platforms iPhone, iPad and Android.
About Doctor Entertainment
Doctor Entertainment AB was founded in May 2009 by developer veterans Jesper Rudberg and
Anders Pistol. Together they have over 20 years of game development experience. They have
previously worked for companies like Starbreeze Studios and EA/Dice where they worked on
several multimillion selling AAA games.
Doctor Entertainment is an independent games studio located in Uppsala, Sweden. They develop and publish their own IPs via digital distribution. Puzzle Dimension is the studio's first game.
More information about the game can be found here: http://www.puzzledimension.
Steam store game page: http://store.steampowered.com/
Game trailer at Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
The serendipitous meeting of audio designer and Illinois resident, George Hufnagl, British designer and writer Duane Beckett, and Scottish programmer Gillian Patterson has led to the conceptualization of numerous game ideas post-Krong and a rapid expansion of the team. With Australian artist Simon Turnbull, Indian advertising consultant Susmita Das, and Canadian programmer Alan Rawkins, My Escape is now a full-fledged game development group that maintains group loyalty through a community forum, Skype and occasional gatherings through gaming networks to play together.
To etch the brand in online gamers' memory, My Escape seeks to create games that will entertain and appeal to those seeking a less-immersive gaming experience and a quick escape from quotidian reality. Competing in the online gaming industry that boasts to reach nearly one out of every two internet users (Flash Games Market Survey, ComScore via Mochi Media, 2010), My Escape is set to play ball by introducing games centered around oddness, strangeness, and peculiarity.
For more information about My Escape, including Krong or future games, contact George Hufnagl, Audio Designer and Production Manager at email@example.com or visit our website at www.my-escape.net.
It's been a while since we've done an update to the installer for Tidalis, but if you've been following the Tidalis forums or the budding Tidalis wiki, you already know that the game has been seeing massive nearly-weekly public beta releases since mid-April. The latest version, 0.854, represents the culmination of everything we wanted to get done before the PAX 10 contest deadline. And look! We've also now done an official trailer for the game:
So what all is new since the last time we updated the installer build (which was version 0.407)?
Visually and Aurally
- We've now completed all the visual/art themes for the game, though we're still adding animations and polish on the art. There are now 21 of these themes in all, counting three hidden ones that get unlocked during adventure play.
- There are now over 50 minutes of music in the game, or 90 minutes if you count the "dire" versions of the tracks.
- A lot of the music has been updated since 0.407; we had some trouble initially getting just the perfect sound, but now we think we've really nailed it.
- A ton of the art has already been polished and animated to a heavy degree; check out the Title Menu, the Open Plains theme, or the Volcano themes for specific examples. Pretty amazing, if we do say so.
- We're now up to 16 game styles for the game (counting the Normal style), which will probably be the final count for release.
- We're now up to 31 special blocks for the game, which will probably be the final count for release.
- The game now has items -- 25 of them -- which will probably be the final count for release.
- There are now 74 (out of a planned 114) adventure levels, as well as 39 brainteaser-type puzzles. More coming on both of these.
- The game now has achievements -- 20 so far -- with more coming.
- There are now 19 story cutscenes out of a planned 40 or so.
- Both co-op and VS play are available on the local computer, either with two humans or 1-2 humans against the AI.
- We're still working on the networking, that will be done soon.
- We still need to finish the last quarter or so of the adventure mode and story.
- There are a few specific VS and co-op features that we still want to add.
- More polish is still being added to the art, and we'll probably add a few more sound effects, too.
- The VS AI is already pretty good in the specific game styles it is allowed to play in, but there are some tweaks we have in mind to make it better. All game styles are supported in human vs human play, but not all of them will be available for the AI; it's considered a fairly minor part of this game, by contrast with AI War.
- Gamepad support.
- Various other tweaks, polish, and bugfixes still remain, though our list is considerably smaller of late.
The beta is still in full swing, with the demo being free for anyone, and the full beta being available for anyone who preorders. Right now you can preorder at the main Arcen site, at GamersGate, at MacGameStore, and at myGameIQ. All of our existing partners who sell AI War will also be carrying Tidalis either at release or a few weeks ahead of release.
So when's the release? Right now we're looking at the week of July 12th, although we don't have a specific day nailed down just yet. We're still talking with our distribution partners and figuring out which day makes the most sense for everyone. But we expect to be materially complete with the game (including all the last polish, etc) by July 9th at the absolute latest, so anytime that week should be a possibility.
Check out the trailer if you haven't already, and if you're interested you might like to try the demo. Tidalis is available on both Windows and OSX (you get a license for both platforms when you buy it for either).
This game has grown incredibly far beyond what we had initially planned when we set out to make it, but that's largely due to the promise that the core mechanics showed and the team's enthusiasm for the project. Everyone on the team has the feeling that we've got something really special with this game, and so far beta customers seem to have that feeling, as well.
Definitely exciting times! We'll update with more news as the release gets nearer, and we'll also be having news in the next month about our upcoming AI War 4.0 (which will add full OSX support), and our upcoming charity-focused micro-expansion, AI War: Children of Neinzul. In the meantime, here are some other brand-new Tidalis videos that show off recent additions to the game:
Tidalis is a block-based puzzle game with casual appeal, hardcore depth, and an addictive new "streams" mechanic. The basic rules of the game are this: blocks fall down into the board and have a color and an arrow direction. If a stack of blocks exceeds the height of the board, you lose. In order to clear blocks, you must right-click and drag paths through the arrows to set up chain reactions of like-colored blocks.
If this sounds simple, that's because it is -- you'll be lining up lengthy chains within minutes. But you'll be surprised how much brainpower it takes to set up combos of multiple chains, and the many brainteaser-style puzzles include some real stumpers. Tidalis has co-op and competitive multiplayer modes (offline only in this beta version); action-oriented modes and timer-less brainteasers; a lengthy, casual-friendly adventure mode; fifteen unique game modes providing innumerable twists to the basic gameplay; dozens of special blocks and items; and over fifty minutes of beautiful music to go with the painterly art.
In short, several games' worth of content are built on top of this core mechanic, which you'll quickly find to be as iconic as it is novel.
To celebrate the release at Xbox Live Arcade - www.spacearkgame.com
The previous update brought to surface a couple of nasty bugs, but with this update they will not show up anymore. But that's not all: the occasion has been seized also to raise the number of missions to 40 and to add a new translation!
More specifically, this update:
* fixes 2 bugs that could cause crashes;
* dds 2 new secret missions;
* adds the Polish translation;
* applies various other changes.
The update can be downloaded for free from the DOWNLOADS page of the official website at http://www.bohthegame.com.
The demos have been updated to reflect the changes.
I am Jacky Zheng from bdstudiogames.com, we are now starting distribute
casual games with our own DRM system and payment gateway. Welcome to submit your games to our site.
1. You get 50% revenue share of the gross sales.
2. You set your game's price, we do not change it or discount it. (We recommend $9.99)
3. We do not withhold any taxes for you, you get all your revenue.
4. You can access detailed sales report after you register our developer zone.
5. We pay you by paypal or wire transfer every month.
6. We can help you translate your game to Chinese and sell it in the China, HongKong, TaiWan and Singapore.
We will sign a agreement with you after your game accept.
Just go here: http://dev.bdstudiogames.com/login.php
Strike Group Commanders are urgently needed to command the forces of the Novus Space Navy as they defend the planet Novus from the dangerous and mysterious alien race known as the Nautilids.
Star Hammer Tactics is an easy-to-learn game of tactical battles. Deploy your forces, engage your enemy and outwit them to achieve victory by blasting them to pieces! Along with the single-player campaign, Star Hammer Tactics features a choice of skirmish modes - single player against a devious AI, or the local multi-player mode in which gamers will compete for glory and bragging rights!
Star Hammer Tactics takes the strategy gaming genre and strips it to it's bare essentials. Designed to be enjoyed by gamers of all persuasions – from strategy gaming diehards looking for a lighter experience, to new recruits dipping their toes into the world of strategy gaming for the first time – Star Hammer Tactics is fun and captivating.
• Engaging tactical battles : individually control each ship in your fleet.
• Easy-to-learn rules; learn to play in minutes!
• Single-player campaign mode.
• Skirmish modes : create your own custom fleet, then duel against a friend in local multi-player, or take on the challenging AI.
• Use missiles to devastate your enemy from afar, or engage in close quarters ship-to-ship combat!
See find out more about Star Hammer Tactics, please visit http://www.starhammer.com, or see the trailer at http://tinyurl.com/2bpmdyq
Star Hammer Tactics is available now on the Xbox LIVE Indie Games channel of the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for just 240 Microsoft points.
About Black Lab Games
Black Lab Games, a boutique game development studio specializing in modern downloadable games with a hint of nostalgic flavor. Headquartered in the city of Perth, Western Australia, the company was established in 2008. For more information, please visit www.blacklabgames.com.au
June 4th, 2010
Tennis Elbow 2011 released for Windows PC
The tennis game for all tennis lovers
Tennis Elbow 2011 is a tennis simulation with an easy and intuitive learning curve, but with exceptional gameplay depth.
In this tennis game, you'll have to show all your tactical skills, use an iron mind and quick reflexes, as well as a sharp eye to guess the ball trajectories, all of this to choose your next strike wisely.
To beat your opponent, you have the choice between all the possible strikes on a real court, from the safe strike to the acceleration, including the drop shot and the topspin lob.
This tennis simulation is designed for all tennis lovers, whether gamepad mashers or keyboard novices, because of its numerous difficulty levels. In addition, a visual help system will assist you in aiming the ball and positioning your player. You can turn these options on and off whenever it suits you.
TE2011 features one of the most complete World Tour ever made in a tennis video game. With 3000 players evolving other 36 years, competing in 300 tournaments each year, from the low rank tournament qualifications to the top level event finals, both in singles and doubles competition, you’ll feel like diving in a real professional tennis player’s career.
Version 2011 is the sequel of the version 2009. The main additions are the new 3D courts with a huge selection of camera angles, and an advanced tiredness simulation system.
For the best gaming experience, the minimum system requirements are: a 2 GHz CPU with 512 MB RAM, and a 128MB 3D video card.
Download a free demo version of Tennis Elbow 2011 from: www.managames.com/tennis
The online mode is freely available to everybody.
The full version of Tennis Elbow 2011 is priced at US$24.95 / EUR19, and is available right now on Windows, and within a few weeks on Mac OSX.
Tennis Elbow 2011 Gameplay Video:
Tennis elbow 2010 Screenshots:
Jolly Rover is set for worldwide release when the date hits June 7 in the US!
Jolly Rover will be available from these Locations:
Official game website: http://www.brawsome.com.au/
Mac Game Store: http://www.macgamestore.com/
Big Pond Games: http://www.gamearena.com.au/
The game is also being distributed to many other sites by Oberon Media and Real Networks, in addition iWin are distributing to Exent and WildTangent.
Club Casual: http://www.clubcasualgames.
A FREE demo will also be able to be downloaded from Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/
“We are very excited to release this new lite version to the already popular full version of Pounce.” Says David Levi, President of Double Apps Inc. “The lite version has tons of great features, beautiful graphics and best of all, it’s free”
Pounce is a multi-player speed card game. Game play is similar to solitaire, except that you are competing to play your cards faster than your opponents. Earn points for cards you play into the shared center field, and be the first to empty your Pounce pile to score bonus points.
Features in the Lite version of Pounce include:
- Single player games against up to 2 virtual opponents at slow or medium speed.
- Multiple card face, card back, and playing field designs.
- Left-handed and right-handed modes.
- Multiple playing styles:
- Pounce pile can be face-up or face-down (face-up makes for faster game play).
- Bonus or penalty scoring methods when a player calls 'Pounce!
- Play a set number of hands, or play to a specific score.
- In-depth tutorial teaches you how to play.
Additional features in the full version of Pounce include:
- Single player games against up to 4 virtual opponents at slow, medium, fast, or hyper speeds.
- Head-to-Head games on a single device with 2 people and up to 2 virtual opponents.
- Multi-player games with up to 5 total players (up to 4 virtual opponents and/or 4 human players).
- Single player and Head-to-Head games are saved if Pounce is interrupted or you exit
Double Apps Inc is an iPhone and iPad application development business based in Knoxville, Tennessee, founded by twenty-year veteran of software development, David B. Levi. Double Apps provides app development services and also develops games for the iPhone and iPad.
Was she kidnapped? Murdered? Did she run away? Will she ever be seen again?
The choices you make can change her fate and help her find romance or destruction in one of eleven surprising endings!
Please note: This game has some mild sexual content due to the nature of it being a dating sim. This game is intended for players age 13 and up.
System RequirementsWindows version:2000/XP/VISTA
CPU 1.2 Ghz - 256 MB RAM
Macintosh version: OS X 10.4 or higher
Universal Binary - runs on Intel and Power PC Macs
Linux version: x86 or compatible processor
- Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
- Four different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
- Uncover the fascinating history of Avadon and the land of Lynaeus.
- Many different endings. Your choices will change the world.
- Dozens of side quests, hidden dungeons, and secrets to discover.
- Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
- Huge adventure with lots of replay value.
BOH players will be pleased to know that this summer they'll be able to enjoy an even richer version of BOH thanks to the 11th update, which also makes the game a little easier to beginners.
More specifically, this update:
- adds the aiming device (a tool that shows the shooting trajectory);
- allows to restart from the last phase played when difficulty is set to "easy";
- adds 2 new missions;
- refines light casting;
- enriches and extends the menu music of the theme "underground";
- retouches the menu music of the theme "default";
- adds the Danish translation;
- improves the translations;
- fixes the "mood" of the ending;
- updates and improves the manuals;
- applies various other changes.
The update can be downloaded for free from the DOWNLOADS page of the official website at www.bohthegame.com.
The demos have been updated to reflect the changes.
Sensational World Soccer 2010 is now on sale at www.SensationalSoccer.com. It is priced at $6.99 and features 32 international teams, a full World Cup tournament, tactics editor, 2 player mode and more. Get your retro footy fix now!